Creative Bloom’s environmental campaign arm Zero Waste Brighton is back for Surfers Against Sewage’s Autumn Beach Clean Series 2016.
And this year, we’re pulling out all the stops. We’ve joined forces with the ONCA Centre for Arts & Ecology, The Deans GRAB Volunteers and the English Disco Lovers to make this the biggest, boldest and brightest Beach Clean in Brighton ever!
As you know, the Autumn Beach Clean Series is one of the biggest single weeks of beach clean activities in Europe. Last year’s Brighton and Hove local clean saw a whopping 150kg of discarded waste collected from our beloved beach. Whilst we are all incredibly proud of this, you’ll agree that when it comes to marine litter the battle has only just begun!
This year we are taking on 5 of Sussex’s local beaches: we’ll be putting our hands to work on the King Alfred Leisure Centre’s beach in Hove, Basin Road’s Beach in Southwick, Smuggler’s Rest Beach in Telscombe, Rottingdean Beach in Rottingdean and King’s Esplanade Beach in Brighton & Hove. So, if you’re local to any of these beaches, roll up your sleeves and join us for the fun times and a dance with the English Disco Lovers!
This is a free family beach-cleaning event for all ages, with plenty of activities for children and adults alike. We’ll provide you with all the tools you need to make your beach beautiful again!
For more information, here is the full SAS Autumn Beach Clean agenda:
- Sat 22 Oct 2016 11am- 2pm – Carats Café, Basin Road, Southwick, BN41.
- Mon 24 Oct 2016 12pm- 3pm –King Alfred Leisure Centre beach, King’s Esplanade, Hove, BN3 2WW.
- Sat 29 Oct 2016 10am- 12pm – Smuggler’s Rest beach, South Coast Road, Telscombe Cliffs, BN10 7BE.
- Sat 29 Oct 2016 11am- 1pm –Rottingdean beach, High Street, Rottingdean, BN2 7HR.
- *Sun 30 Oct 2016 12pm- 3pm – Meeting Place Café, Hove Lawns, King’s Esplanade, Brighton & Hove, BN3 2WN. (This final bumper beach clean on Hove Lawns is a collaboration between SAS & the Brighton and Hove locals)
For more details of your local event, contact SAS in Brighton on Facebook.
Zero Waste Brighton “what plastic lifestyle habit will you pledge to change?”
ONCA Centre for Arts & Ecology “join in the Trash or Treasure workshop”
The Deans ‘GRAB’ Volunteers “touch n feel’ the sea creatures teach on the beach table”
Don’t forget about our Special Guests ENGLISH DISCO LOVERS spinning some tunes!!